Thursday 6 June 2013


Advanced Micro Devices, AMD, is changing its tune toward Android and Google Chromebooks. It is something that many of us had wondered and been hoping for. Kind of like Nokia making an Android device. In this case though, AMD is actually going forward and looking to bring their chips to Android.

“We are very committed to Windows 8; we think it is a great operating system, but we also see a market for Android and Chrome developing as well. […] I think Android and Chrome tend to be in the entry form factors—the tablets, the low-end clamshells,”  Lisa Su, senior vice president and general manager of global business units at AMD, reports IDG News Service.

I am not sure she knows much about Android though. “Low-End Clamshells”?? What are those!! AMD chips do pack quite the punch and have always been my chipset of choice for my home PCs. In a market that is already dominated by Nvidia, Qualcomm and Samsung, AMD would have some major ground to make up. Not to mention some work to make their chips a little more cost effective.
I am not a chip expert, but I do think this could be a great thing and I am sure there are some tech geeks out there that interested in seeing what they do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

MobileDNA